Welcome to information on the Men’s Growth & Support activities of Forest Lake Baptist.
The King's Men ministry purpose is focused on:
- walking with God and growing in our Christian Life (Joshua 1:7)
- being faithful to our Marriage Covenant (Malachi 2:14-16; Mark 10:2-12; 1 Corinthians 7: 10-11)
- being Godly leaders in our home and at Church (Ephesians 5:25-30 & 1 Peter 3:7)
- being Fathers for our Sons and Daughters (Ephesians 6:1-4)
- dealing with the “800 kilogram Gorilla” in the room on issues not usually discussed such as lust, pornography, anger, our thoughts and more (Matthew 7:1-5 & Galatians 6:1-5)
- supporting other Men through honest friendships, accountability & Godly life experiences (2 Corinthians 1:4)
- Being REAL.
There comes a time of crisis and frustration in every man’s life where he needs another man to speak into his life to challenge him. We also need men to encourage and support us in our battle for wholeness and purity.
This is the man who cares enough to cause some sparks to fly if necessary – Proverbs 27:17 – “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens the composure of his friend”.
So what are you doing to help become the man that God intends you to be?
What are you doing to support other men you know and have regular contact with them?
Join with us!
‘Extraordinary’ Men’s BYO Breakfast are held the first Saturday of every month starting at 8.00am to 9.00am at the Dragon Sculpture Boat Ramp in the park beside No. 41 The Esplanade, Forest Lake or McDonald’s Forest Lake if it’s raining (or Winter).
This is an informal gathering for men of all ages including Sons.
King’s Men Events are an opportunity approximately every 3-4 months for men from all walks of life regardless of church involvement to develop new friendships and explore possibilities for change.
The night usually starts at 6:30pm with a light dinner and a DVD presentation at 7:30pm followed by a short discussion.
Baruch Blessings for young men by their Fathers or other significant Man to bestow a Biblical and powerful blessing over them in the company of a Community of Men. This is a short week-end event and for which preparation is needed and comes with some financial costs.
Short Term Men’s Small Groups:
Occasionally we run focussed group discussions on a particular topic and at multiple times e.g. Every Man’s Battle.